23 October 2012

Dragonfly & Hummingbird


Just wanted to introduce these wonderful new earrings from my shop! I have never seen a hummingbird in real life but I guess they must be very beautiful and special creatures. Whenever I hear that they flap their wings up to fifty times per second (in one SINGLE second!) I try to imagine that and its just not possible. I simply can not vision it! How do they do that?
When I took the pictures of my earrings I tought that hummingbird is a really nice word (it's Kolibri in German) and that made me wonder if there are any hummingbird poems out there that I don't know about. On my search I stumbled upon this little poem by Emily Dickinson that I really liked. It is also called  A Route of Evanescence:



Source: whattopin.com via Judy on Pinterest


The Humming-Bird

by Emily Dickinson

A route of evanescence
With a revolving wheel;
A resonance of emerald,
A rush of cochineal;
And every blossom on the bush
Adjusts its tumbled head,--
The mail from Tunis, probably,
An easy morning’s ride.

No comments: